Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fourth of July Week

We had a busy fourth of July week. We planned to go up on the Sunday before, after a day of swimming at my parents' pool on Saturday. Well, we had a terrible storm on Friday night. It disrupted our plans with my mom for her 60th birthday celebration and really wreaked havoc on the city.

Here are photos from our neighborhood:

This trampoline ended up in our side yard.

We lost shade in our backyard, but it was nothing compared to the damage at my parents' house.

They lost a window in the master bedroom, the pool fence and they need a new pool liner.

Incidentally, I am going to throw in some photos of the kids enjoying the pool BEFORE the storm. It has been so fun! I hope that the pool gets restored soon.

Anyway... Since we didn't have Saturday plans, we took off for the lake one day earlier than planned.

It was Jeni's birthday, and we made it there to celebrate with her.

Over the next few days, we swam at the sandbar, jumped off he dock, went for boat rides... It was fun!

Corbin has really taken to the water like a fish. He loves to jump off the end of the dock and bounce off the neighbor's trampoline.

One afternoon, Jamie posed for a few photos for me.

Of course, I got lots of photos of all of my boys because I have such cute models!

On the fourth, we kept all of the boys up late for the first time. We got lots of glow sticks from the dollar store to keep them entertained while we waited.

After the holiday, we headed to South Haven, Michigan. We had photos scheduled there on Friday evening, but thought that we would get some R & R in before then.

We met up with my Aunt Diane on Thursday. Her sister has a condo on the beach, and a nice pool as well. I wish I could have taken photos that day, but because we were in a new environment with real waves, etc., I was a little too distracted.

But I was very happy to see that the boys loved the water. Jamie loves to run right into the waves and jump. Corbin loved being fully emerged in the lake and jumping around with Daddy. Cameron preferred the sand for most of that time, although he started to warm up to the water after a day.

On Saturday, we went to Posey Lake to celebrate Grandpa Kranz's 88th birthday. We couldn't stay long, but it was nice to see everyone. The boys had gotten dragged out of bed at 6 AM for the rescheduled photo shoot, so they were a little tired and cranky by that time. They did enjoy swimming and shooting water squirted at each other.

With grandma Judy

The birthday boy

We feel a little more prepared for our upcoming beach vacation now. We leave in a couple of weeks to see friends in our first long-distance vacation together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

san diego foreclosures