Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Birthday Bash!

Yesterday, Cameron and Jameson turned the big 0-1!

This past weekend, we had a party to celebrate the milestone. We did the same theme that we did for Corbin's first birthday- a time capsule that they will open on their 18th birthday. It was really cool to see everyone's contributions. We had a lot of fun with the family.

On Friday morning, I woke up extra early to start preparations. I started with the cake. What an ordeal that turned into. For four and a half hours, I baked, cooled and then frosted and decorated the cake for the guests. I had grand plans for it. However, I used a SuperMoist cake mix, which was too soft/fluffy and the frosting was too glossy and heavy. The cake cracked and shifted. I thought I could cover the cracks with frosting, but it was so heavy that the fault lines became bigger and bigger.

Photobucket

I had to run out to Sam's Club that afternoon and purchase a sheet cake to decorate. I basically stole the decorations off of the first cake and wrote their birthday greetings on them.

Photobucket

Their smash cakes turned out pretty decently. I baked them in mini loaf pans & decorated them with the most colorful concoction I could think of.

Photobucket

The decorations and food was simple. We ordered a sub tray & had a few snacks out. Corbin absolutely loved the balloons & it kept him busy for hours, gathering them and dragging them from room to room.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The babies did well & were on the perfect nap schedule for the day. They had slept in until 7:30 that morning, so they took a late morning nap, allowing for a late afternoon nap, too. So, they were in good spirits for most of the party.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anybody else coming?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at these cut-ups! We were trying to pose them with their big brother for a photo, but it just didn't work!

Photobucket

Gift opening

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Getting ready for cake!

Photobucket

The main event!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Starting to dig in...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The twins got a little assistance from the grandpas

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had a great time and cannot thank our family enough for all being a part of this special day with us!

Here are the time capsule videos. They are chopped up like this because I kept running out of space on the camera & I kept having to stop and delete old videos off of the camera in the meantime. I should have prepared better!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

san diego foreclosures