Thursday, January 7, 2010

Appointment, Anecdotes

The twins had their 2 (and a half) month appointment today. Woo boy, was that an adventure! I had our family friend, Monica, here with me this morning so that I could get some chores done around the house, and she helped me be timely with getting out the door; however, I was unable to get their appointment rescheduled because I have to use up 2 time slots, and she had to go to class during the appointment. So, I had to brave it alone. With Corbin.

Not only that, but we had snow flurries all day. By the time I left, there were already 3 inches on the ground. I got there on time, but I had to be very creative/organized with getting them all bundled up & getting them into the office. Thankfully, many people saw us coming & held doors for us along the way.

The doctor's nurse had an emergency and had to leave abruptly, so my doctor was trying to snag another doctor's nurse to do the vaccinations & it took a very long time. Needless to say, I exhausted all of my entertainment options for Corbin & he was beginning to get very bored. So I sang to him & held him in my lap for a bit. Finally, we got all of the measuremens, talked with the doctor, etc.

The concerns I addressed and the doc's responses are as follows:
- Cameron's new tooth doesn't seem to be bothering him, so we will leave it alone for now.
- Cameron arches his back a lot. She thinks it's probably reflux, but he doesn't seem to have difficulty with feedings & he is growing, so we will just watch it. She didn't think it was neurological, as she did a very thorough exam.
- their little gum-bumps are gone :)
- Jameson's cradle cap will go away on its own. It's just an aesthetic thing, really. Keep doing what I am donig.
- Jameson's blocked tear duct is still not a big deal & normal.

They are both doing well & meeting all of their milestones in a timely manner so far. Cameron is 22 1/2 inches long (15th percentile), 10# 8 oz (10th percentile), with a head circumference of 15 1/2 inches (20th percentile). Jameson is 23 inches long (30th percentile), 12# 2 oz (40th percentile), with a head circumference of 15 7/8 inches (50th percentile). Both are growing along their curve.

They did cry their eyes out during their shots, and that was the most stressful part for mommy. I had to calm both babies down & try to pack them up to leave at the same time. Not only that, but I realized I had forgotten their bottles at home! They conked out when they got home & went to bed early, too. Poor dears.

Corbin has been full of surprises lately. He has been on an every-third-day nap schedule for a month or two now, despite my best efforts; however, he has never complained about it; sometimes, he just doesn't want to nap. So, he usually just sits up in his crib and chatters for an hour or two at the most before I go get him. Well, two days ago, I went in after 2 hours & not only had he removed his pants, but he had also removed his snap-diaper! Talent! Thankfully, we escaped with just a little bit of pee on the mattress.

Then last night, he used the cell phone to call his Uncle Ben (Kranz) a few times while we were otherwise occupied feeding the twins. Ben said he called a few times. Oops!

Also, last night, we had him set up at the table with his alphabet stamps that he likes to play with. He often arranges them alphabetically, but last night, I was surprised when I heard him go, "C-at... Cat!" I looked over, and he had spelled it out with his stamps. Then, I changed the C for an H, and he correctly identified it as "Hat!" Then we quickly taught him "Bat." We cleaned up and later I wrote the words down on a piece of paper & he can correctly identify each word. That's our little smartypants.

1 comment:

  1. WTG Corbin!!

    I do not envy you having to take them all to the doctor at once. Sounds like you did great though!

    ReplyDelete

san diego foreclosures