Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall Family Fun Days in Plain City

Last Saturday, Jon and I took the kids to Plain City after their naps. First, I hopped out of the car and bought a few baking items at the Cheese House. After all, the fall and winter baking seasons are quickly approaching. After a quick trip in there, we headed down the street to Yutzy's Market. I was impressed to find both alphabet pretzels and alphabet noodles to serve to Corbin and buckwheat pancake mix to serve all.

But the best part of Yutzy's is that they have farm animals behind fences to look at and playsets that they sell and encourage youngsters to try out. The boys thought that was great! They really didn't want to leave, but the promise of more fun to come was enough to appease them.

Alpacas, I believe







Jamie, peeking through the pirate ship's port hole





Some sort of pony?



Then after Yutzy's, we went to go eat at Der Dutchman. Quick service, high chairs, these little craft sticks for the kids, grape pie.... yes! It was a very successful dinner out. You've got to love their buffet. And their broasted chicken is the very best, hands down.

After our tummies were full, we headed over to family fun day at Dutch Kitchen. In the back of the restaurant, they had a play area set up with face painting, a tractor ride (we didn't go), a playset and a little straw maze, which is the perfect size for our kids.

We were really lucky that no one was really there, as it was gameday in central Ohio. So, the kids ran around like crazy, thoroughly exhausting themselves. They were having such a blast & this place was the perfect size for them.

The straw maze:











The back lot was decorated so beautifully!





They had a large playset there, too!



Cam was hamming it up a bit that day. It was nice to not have him attached to my hip and see him enjoying himself!









Look, chickens!







I tried to get some pics of the kids with pumpkins. These sequential pics of Jamie throwing the pumpkins and giggling about it crack me up!









I tried to get the twins to both look at me at the same time, but that was a bit trickier.



Cam's pumpkin pics













Corbin fell asleep on the way home. Jon had to cut the lawn really quickly because there was only 20 minutes left of sunlight and he wanted to get it done for our dinner guests the next night. So, I carried Corbin inside and he briefly woke up. He asked, "Can I play with magnet letters?" I told him that he could & got them out for him. I set him up at the table while I put the babies to bed upstairs. I came back down and this is how I found him:



He hadn't even touched the letters! I carried him up to bed and tucked him in. What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

san diego foreclosures